Cold-fermented buns with muesli and salt flakes
An easy way to have freshly-baked buns for breakfast since you prepare the dough the day before.
Makes approx. 15 pcs
4 dl HJÄLTEROLL muesli with dried berries
25 g yeast
3 dl cold water
1 dl coarse rye flour
8 dl wheat flour
1 dl milk of choice *
2 dl natural yoghurt *
1 tbsp honey or sugar *
2 tbsp oil of choice
2 tsp salt
Step by step:
- Crumble and dissolve the yeast in cold water in a bowl.
- Pour in all ingredients and stir lightly until it becomes a sticky dough, then sprinkle with some flour.
- Wrap or cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 10 hours).
- Set the oven to 250°C (482°F), not forced air, and place a deep oven tray at the bottom.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and leave out at room temperature for 10 minutes before pouring out the dough onto a floured surface.
- Divide the sticky dough into approx. 15 pieces and shape into balls. Place on baking paper, ferment under kitchen towel for 10 min. Sprinkle with muesli and some salt flakes.
- Insert the tray into the oven while pouring 1 dl of water in the deeper dish at the bottom. When steam forms, close the door quickly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the buns have a nice colour.
* Can be made suitable for vegans