Last Update Date: 2nd Apr. 2021
Effective Date: 9th Apr. 2021
This policy applies to all products and services provided by IKEA China, including offline and online shopping experiences, and relevant customer service, IKEA Family, and delivery services of product catalogues and promotional materials.
f you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact IKEA China Customer Service Centre with following contact information:
Ingka Group: refers to INGKA Holding B.V. and its controlled entities.
IKEA franchise system: refers to Inter IKEA Systems B.V., the owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor, other IKEA companies which are responsible for develop range, supply and communication, and other IKEA franchisees.
Online channel: refers to all touchpoints can be accessed from online, e.g. IKEA China website ikea.cn, mobile app, social media, etc.
Personal information: various types of information recorded in electronic or other ways that can be used, alone or in combination with other information, to identify the identity of a specific natural person or reflect his/her activities, including but not limited to name, address, telephone number, and ID number, etc.
Marketing communication: The communication sent to the customers for promotion and marketing of products or services via channels including but not limited to e-mail, instant messaging, and social networking by IKEA China, such as the information about store activities, service or product promotion. The information that must be sent to the customers for providing services, such as logistics information and recall hints are not marketing communication.
We will only collect and use your personal information for the following purposes described in this policy.
(I) Offline shopping services and experience:
When you shop in our offline stores, if you order services like delivery, installation, and kitchen measurement, we will collect your name, address, contact information (such as phone number and email address), etc. to provide you with the corresponding service; when you purchase our products or services, we will collect your information about payment method, the purchased products or services, the associated order batch number, and the payment amount; if you present the IKEA Family membership card at the time of purchase, we will also associate the purchase information with your membership card, so as to provide you with after-sales services such as changing or refunding; if the products or services that you purchase or use require real-name registration in accordance with the requirements of relevant laws and regulations, we will ask you to provide real-name information such as your name, ID card number, and contact number for verification.
(II) Online shopping services and experience:
Create/Login an account: When you want to shop on our online channel, you need to create an account to be our user first and login into the account. Your mobile phone number shall be provided in the interim. And depending on the registration or login method you choose, you may need to provide your email address or WeChat account information. You will also be asked to set up or enter a password to protect your account. SMS authentication code will be sent out to you via your provided mobile phone number in order to verify your identity. Meanwhile, you may choose to link your account with your IKEA Family membership, thus enabling you to enjoy the corresponding membership benefits.
Products searching and displaying: In order to let you search for the products and services you need quickly, we may optimize the way we display our product information based on your device information you use to search, browse, or use our products or services (including device name, device model, device ID, operating system, application version, language setting, resolution, service provider network ID (PLMN), and browser type) as well as your searching and browsing history. We will also use your personal information for the purpose of continuously improving and optimizing this function.
Online shopping: When you shop on our online channels and pay for the products or services you ordered, you at least need to fill the consignee name, delivery address, and phone number in the online order, so as to generate the corresponding order; meanwhile, the order will also specify the system-generated order number, information about the products or services, the amount of payment, and your payment method, for delivering what you ordered and contacting you in the service process; When you place order online and choose to pick up the products by yourself in offline stores or pick-up sites, we will collect the IP address and the geographic position of the equipment you use in order to recommend you the nearest stores or pick-up sites. You could choose the stores or pick-up sites manually if you reject to share the geographic position with us. If the products or services that you purchase or use require real-name registration in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, we will ask you to provide your real-name information such as your name, ID card number, and contact number for verification.
Online experience: You could comment or publish pictures of the products or service sold or offered on our online channels through the comment functions we provide you online. We will collect and review these comments or pictures you submit for publishing. Please think carefully and determine whether to publish the comments or pictures if they have any personal information even sensitive personal information of you or others. When you release comments or pictures that have personal information of minors, please ensure you’ve got the prior consent from the minors and their guardians.
You can use the online IKEA planner and “shopping list” to make your shopping easier and improve your shopping experience. While using these functions, you can log on to our online channel with your account, and we will associate your design scheme created in the online IKEA planner and/or your online shopping list with your account and store them for future use.
(III) Consulting, after-sales and other customer services:
Customer service via service hotline, live chat and email: In order to provide you with more convenient and personalized services, we will match your personal information and historical complaint records based on your calling phone number, email address, or online account.
After-sales service: In order to check and solve your issues, we will check the relevant online account information and/or IKEA Family membership information, as well as the relevant order information, and historical records about consultation and complaints with your personal information and purchase receipt.
In order to protect the safety of your account, our customer support centre will verify your identity with your account information, membership information or information on your purchase receipt. When you request our customer service and after-sales service related to your order information, we will check your order information.
IKEA Design service: Through the IKEA Design reservation service provided on our online channel, you could reserve, consult and experience IKEA whole room design or kitchen design service. Your personal information include name, contact information, house information and design preference will be collected and processed when we provide you the service for the purposes to communicate with you and to deliver the design solutions that satisfy your requirements and preference.
Children related service:
Småland play area: In order to contact parents when their children play in the play area in a timely manner, and for the purpose of parents’ identity check when they take back their children who playing at Småland play area, we will collect children’s basic information include children's names, ages, special requirements, as well as guardians' names and contact phone numbers.
Children Passport: We provide the IKEA Children Passport to those family members who have children. Members, as the parents or guardians, could choose to apply and register for the passport for their children, whereas they could participate in specific children activities and obtain relevant marketing information in future. Children’s name and birthday maybe required in the application or registration.
Borrowing service: In order to contact the borrower when necessary, we will ask you to register your name and contact information when borrowing items or resources from our offline stores.
Free Wi-Fi: In accordance with the requirements of the relevant laws and regulations, when you use our free Wi-Fi, we will take security measures such as real-name authentication with SMS messages, online behaviour auditing, and log retention, and we will also provide public security bureau with interfaces conforming to technical standards of the public safety industry. In the meanwhile, in order to improve your shopping experience, we will record the location and duration of use for internal operational data analytics.
(IV) IKEA Family Membership
When you register as a member of IKEA Family, we will ask you to provide your name, gender, date of birth, address, and contact information (such as phone number and email address). Meanwhile, SMS authentication code will be sent out to you to verify your identity. In the process of registration, we will, at a prominent position, remind you whether we are allowed to use your personal information for marketing communications. Of course, you can also update the subscription options of marketing information online, offline or via IKEA China Customer Service Hotline. Further, as IKEA Family member, you can choose to provide your family information and residential information to us for the purpose of receiving personalized marketing communications. Those information include your plan of home decoration, living situation, living area, the fact of whether having children and their age range, etc.; what you provide will also help us to conduct data analysis and research, thus improving our products and services.
(V) Marketing activities
We may conduct online or offline marketing activities at irregular intervals. You may be asked to provide your name, address, phone number, and other personal information to register or participate in such activities. In the process of registering for such marketing activities, you may choose whether to allow us to use your personal information for personalized marketing communications. In the meanwhile, in some marketing activities, we may sign additional agreements with you according to the actual situation, to obtain other authorities from the participants (such as intellectual property of the entries, and portrait rights of the participants).
(VI) Conduct internal audit, survey, data analysis and research, and to improve our products or services
We will require you to provide your real name, contact information, delivery address and email address, records of your purchase of IKEA products or services as well as any other information you decide to share to us, to enable us to conduct internal audit, survey, data analysis and study, which will help us to improve IKEA products and services, thus providing you with the products and services that can better meet your needs.
You shall be fully aware that we do not need your authorization to collect and use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. When it is related to national security and national defence security;
2. When it is related to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
3. When it is related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgment;
4. When it is related tomaintenance of major legal rights and interestsincluding life and property of personal information subjects or other individuals, but personal consent is hard to be obtained;
5. When the collected personal information ismade public by the subject of personal information;
6. When the personal informationis collected from legally disclosed information,such as legitimate news reports, government information disclosure and other channels;
7. When it is necessary to sign and executethe contract according to your request;
8. Whenis necessary tomaintain the safe and stable operation of the provided products and/or services, such as the founding and disposal of faults of products and/or services;
9. Other circumstances stipulated by laws and regulations.
Obtaining your personal information from a third party
Rules for using your personal information
If we intend to use your information for other purposes not covered by this policy, we will ask for your consent in advance.
When we intend to use your information collected for a specific purpose for other purposes, we will ask for your consent in advance.
The use of Cookie
Our website and mobile app possess a variety of practical Cookie functions, so we will store small data files named Cookie on your computers or mobile devices. Cookie files are small files that usually contain identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. With Cookie, our website and mobile app can store the information about your personal preferences. For example, the online channel will record the pages of a certain IKEA store visited by you, so as to enable you to search the information more conveniently and quickly when you log in our online channel for another time (by directly providing more information about this IKEA store).
Web beacons and pixel tags
In addition to Cookie, we will also use other similar technologies such as web beacons and pixel tags on our website and mobile app.
On our website and mobile app, we will calculate user visits and collect user preferences with beacons and pixel tags.
In our e-mails, there may be URL linking to our website or/and mobile app. If you click the link, we will track this click, so as to help us to understand your product or service preferences, thus improving our services. If you refuse such a track of your activity, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
As Ingka Group is a multinational company, based on the demands of operations and management, your personal information may be shared within Ingka Group, thus enabling us to provide you with better services.
Additionally, Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor, and they have assigned other IKEA companies to develop range, supply and communication. Together with IKEA franchisees, we improve and develop IKEA to be more relevant and inspiring. So according to our business needs, your information might be shared within IKEA franchise system to provide you a better service.
We will not share your personal information with any company, organization or individual other than Ingka Group or entities within IKEA franchise system, except:
1. We may share your personal information with your explicit consent: After granting your explicit consent, we will share your personal information with other parties.
2. We may share your personal information in accordance with the laws and regulations, or mandatory requirements from government authorities.
3. We may share your personal information with the authorized partners: For the purpose stated in this policy, some of our services will be provided by the authorized partners. We may share your personal information with our partners, to provide better customer service and user experience. For example, when you purchase our products online, we must share your personal information with the logistics service provider to arrange delivery or arrange our partners to provide such services. We will only share your personal information for legitimate, justified, necessary, specific, and explicit purposes, and only share the information necessary to provide the service. Our partners have no right to use the shared personal information for any other purpose.
At present, our authorized partners are mainly for the following two categories:
1) Authorized partners for providing advertising and analysis services. Except with your permission, we will not share your personal information (information that can identify you, such as name or e-mail, with which you may be contacted or identified) with our partners for providing advertising and analysis services. We will only provide these partners with the information about their advertising coverage and effectiveness instead of your personal information, or we will aggregate such information, so as not to indicate your identity.
2) Suppliers, service providers and other partners. We will send your personal information （information that can identify you, such as your name, contact information, e-mail, device ID etc.） to suppliers, service providers and other partners supporting our business, and the supports include logistics, distribution or installation services, technical infrastructure services, IKEA relevant marketing information pushing, the analysis of the use of our services, the measurement of the effectiveness of advertising and services, the providing of customer service, convenience for payment, or the conduct of academic research and investigation.
3) Third-party providing access service. We may introduce into our products or services a third-party product or service that has the function of collecting personal information. Currently, Software Development Kit (hereinafter referred to as “SDK”) provided by third parties have been deployed in some of services or functions on our online channels. By your usage of such services or functions, you agree that your personal information would be directly collected and processed by the third parties. To protect your personal information, we will conduct security assessment on the third parties and the deployed SDK listed as following.
We will not transfer your personal information to any company, organization or individual, except:
1. Transferring with your explicit consent: After obtaining your explicit consent, we may transfer your personal information to other parties;
2. During merger, acquisition or bankruptcy liquidation, if the transfer of personal informationis involved, we will requirethe new company or organization holding your personal information to continue to be subject to this policy; otherwise, we will ask the company or organization to seek for permission from you.
We will only publicly disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. When with your explicit consent.
2. When we need to disclosurebased on legal requirements: As required by laws, legal procedures, lawsuits or mandatory requirements of government authorities, we may publicly disclose your personal information.
3. When we believe the disclosure is reasonable and necessary to detect, prevent or address the fraud, security or technical issues.
4. When we believe the disclosure is necessary toprotect the rights, property or safety of our users or the publicas required or permitted by law.
We have taken security measures conforming to the industrial standards to protect the personal information you provide and to prevent the data from being accessed, disclosed publicly, used, modified, damaged or lost without authorization. We will take all reasonable and practicable measures to protect your personal information.
We also require all personnel who may access to your personal information to perform the corresponding obligations of confidentiality. People who fail to perform these obligations may be investigated for legal responsibility or forced to terminate the cooperative relationship.
We only retain your personal information within the period necessary for the purposes of this policy and required by the laws and regulations. We will ask for your prior permission if we are going to use the information for other purposes not specified in this policy.
The Internet is not an absolutely secure environment, and additionally, it’s not certain if the E-mail, instant messaging, social software and other communication means with other users are fully encrypted. Therefore, we suggest that you use complex passwords and pay attention to your personal information security when using such tools.
At the same time, we will always try our best to guarantee the information security during the management, technical processing and other processes to prevent the personal information from being leaked illegally, or from being used, disclosed, modified or deleted without authorization. We will be committed to implementing effective and sound measures over your personal information, to protect it from the harm of various predictable accidents.
Where a personal information security incident occurs unfortunately, we will timely inform you as required by the laws and regulations: basic information and possible influences of the security incident, the treatment measures we have taken or will take, suggestions for you to prevent and reduce the risks by yourself, the remedial measures for your, etc. We will timely inform you of the related condition of the incident via mail, letter, telephone, pushed notification and other means. Where it is difficult to inform the subjects of the personal information one by one, we will publish an announcement in a reasonable and effective way.
Meanwhile, we will also actively report the treatment result of the personal information security incident as required by the authority.
We will take appropriate technical measures to guarantee your rights to access to, update, correct or delete your personal information, and provide various choices in terms of collection, use, sharing and storage of your personal information.
Right of access and correction
You can access and check your personal information left in IKEA as well as the history purchase orders and other information through the account management page provided on our online channels like IKEA China website ikea.cn, mobile app, etc.. For instance, you could have the access to some of your personal information via “My Profile” on IKEA website, “Account Security” - “Setting” on IKEA mobile app, “Edit Profile” - “IKEA Family Member Center” on IKEA Family WeChat mini program. Meanwhile, you could also check your personal information that left in your registration or usage of IKEA Family member through the “Update personal information” page on membership registration machines locating in IKEA store.
You shall have the right to correct or update the wrong, out-of-date or incomplete personal information and you can update them in related pages mentioned above. For instance, when you change your mobile phone number, you shall update and bind the latest one with your IKEA account.
Right of deletion
In case we breach any law or regulation or our agreement with you to collect, use and share your personal information with others, you shall have the right to require us to delete the information. You can contact us by the means listed in the section “Any Doubt” and require the deletion of your personal information.
Right of revocation
Each of our business function can be completed only when you have provided some basic information to us. You can change the scope of personal information to be collected by us under your authorization or revoke your authorization, by deleting the information, turning off the device function, updating the privacy settings in the website, mobile app, other software of IKEA or other means. You can also revoke all your authorization for continuing to collect your personal information by cancelling your account. For the additional personal information we collect, you can also grant or cancel your authorization for collecting or using it at any time. If you need any help in this process, please contact us by the means set out in the section “Any Doubt”.
Right of cancellation
You can cancel the IKEA online account and IKEA Family membership you’ve registered. But the account cancellation will clear all your user data and account information and it is unrecoverable. Therefore, if you have any intangible assets under your account (like your account balance, credits and gift card bounded to the account), it is suggested that you use them up before you cancel the account as they are unrecoverable after the account is deleted. You can contact us by the following means set out under the section “Any Doubt” to apply for cancellation or acquire more details.
However, in case we must collect, process, use or share your information according to the applicable laws and regulations, we can reject your request within the scope allowed by applicable laws and regulations. We have the right to adjust the above rights of yours according to applicable laws and regulations.
Marketing information Opt-out
You may choose whether to accept us, our affiliated companies or service providers to send marketing information to you by E-mail, SMS, printed materials or other means. You can update the subscription options of marketing information on the Account Management page provided on our online channels like IKEA website or mobile app. In addition, you can unsubscribe from such information through the unsubscribing mechanism provided in such information (For example, you can unsubscribe from the marketing SMS by replying with 0; and you can unsubscribe from the marketing E-mail through the unsubscribe link). You can also contact us according to the following means set out in the section “Any Doubt” to update the subscription options of marketing information.
Response to your above requests
In order to guarantee security, you may be required to provide a written request or to prove your identity in other ways. We may require you to verify your identify first before processing your request. We will respond in 30 days.
In principle, we don’t charge fees over your reasonable requests. But for requests repeated for many times and beyond the reasonable limit, we will charge certain fees for cost as appropriate. And we may reject the requests that are repeated for no reason, require excessive technical means (For example, it needs to develop a new system or change the existing practice fundamentally), present risks to the legal interests of others or are very unrealistic.
We will not be able to respond to your requests according to the laws and regulations under the following circumstances:
1. The request is directly related to national securityor national defense security;
2. The request is directly related to public security, public health or compelling public interests;
3. The request is directly relatedto criminal investigation, prosecution, judgment and execution of judgment;
4. There is sufficient evidence to prove your subjective maliceor abuse of rights;
5. Response to your request will cause severe damage to the legal interest of yours, or other people or organization.
6. The request involves any trade secret.
IKEA China will not actively seek or collect personal information of minors under the age of 18. However, when we provide the services specially designed for the minors, such as Småland play area and IKEA Children Passport, we may collect the personal information of minors under 18 from their parents or guardians, with explicit authorization from the parents or guardians, according to the principles of clear purpose and least but sufficient information.
IKEA will not send any marketing information to the minors. In case we find that we have collected the personal information of minors without the prior verifiable permission from their parents, we will manage to delete the related data as soon as possible.
In principle, the personal information collected and generated in the People’s Republic of China will be stored in the People’s Republic of China. Since Ingka Group is a multinational corporation, we provide products and services through the resources and servers spreading all over the world based on the needs for group operation and management. That means, after we acquire your authorization, your personal information may be transferred to an overseas jurisdiction beyond the country/region where you use the products or services or may be accessed by people from such a jurisdiction.
Such jurisdiction may have different data protection laws, or even no related law available. Under such circumstances, we will ensure to protect your personal information to an extent equivalent to that in the People’s Republic of China. We will always guarantee information security during the management, technical processing and other processes, to prevent your personal information from being harmed by various predictable accidents.
The material changes referred to in this policy include but are not limited to:
1. There are significant changes in our service, such as the purpose of processing personal information, the type of personal information processed and the usage mode of personal information;
2. There are significant changes in our ownership structure, organizational structure or other aspect, such as change of owners due to business adjustment,merger and acquisition;
3. The main objects of the sharing, transfer or public disclosure of personal information have changed;
4. Your rights in terms of personal information processing and the manner of exercising the rightshave changed significantly;
5. There are changes in the department responsible for processing the personal information, the contact informationand the complaint channels;
6. The personal information security impact assessment report indicates high risks.
We will archive the old versions of this policy for you reference.
In case of any doubt or dissatisfaction about this policy or your personal information in our possession, please feel free to contact us. Generally, we will reply in 30 days.
IKEA China Customer service Hotline: 400-800-2345
IKEA China Customer service E-mail China: firstname.lastname@example.org
You agree that any dispute caused by this policy between you and us (hereinafter referred to as “dispute”) shall be governed by the laws of the People’s Republic of China, except for the rule of conflict. Unless otherwise prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and proceedings arising out of or connected with it, directly or indirectly, shall be submitted to the court with jurisdiction at Xuhui District, Shanghai, and be resolved in accordance with laws of the People’s Republic of China.