Fresh home furnishing ideas and affordable furniture - IKEA
Waffles with caviar, crème fraiche and onions
Serves: 4 portions
What you’ll need:
2 medium red onions
1 dl ättika (if you’re in Scandinavia) or apple cider vinegar (if you’re not)
2 dl sugar
3 dl water
4 IKEA VÅFFLOR waffles
2 dl crème fraiche, 34%
1 jar caviar
How to make it:
1. Thinly slice the red onion (with mandolin if you’ve got one).
2. Mix the ättika or apple cider vinegar, water and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Place the pickling mixture and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour
4. Prepare the waffles according to the instructions.
5. Let the waffles cool a bit, then add a bit of crème fraiche and caviar.
6. Top with the pickled red onion and cress.