Granola is a great way to start your morning, or an energy-boosting snack any time of the day! The combination of oats, nuts, seeds and syrup is simple and tasty – plus it’s really easy to make at home. When we visited Tamar’s place in Vermont, she showed us how she makes up a fresh batch each week…
Makes six servings
90g brown sugar
177ml maple syrup
118ml olive oil
315g rolled oats
95g pumpkin seeds
105g sunflower seeds
70g flaked almonds
125g pecans (I crumble them a little)
75g coconut chips (also crumbled a little)
1 tsp coarse salt
1. Heat the oven to 150ºC. Mix together the sugar, syrup and olive oil and set aside.
2. In a big bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the coarse salt and mix again.
5. Pour the mixture on to a large, rimmed baking sheet and flatten.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven every 15 minutes to turn.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Photography: Adrian Briscoe
Styling: Emily Henson
Follow Tamar at nestprettythings.com