Home visit: create a tropical table setting
Set a summery table with plants and exotic fruit, coordinated with coloured dinnerware and natural wood, to bring the season’s sunshine feeling indoors.
1. Create a base Artificial monstera leaves are large enough to act as impressive placemats, while faux fern will soften the overall feel. Keep it minimal with just a couple of leaves or go big and exaggerate the look!
2. Coordinate the colours For a look that’s playful, not childish, stick to plain crockery in a soft, pastel colour to help direct focus to the plants and flowers.
3. Think about finishing touches Boost the greenery with a sprinkling of herbs over food and to flavour water. Pull the look together with coloured glassware.
4. Include natural materials Wooden boards aren’t just for chopping and slicing. Use the warmth of the wood to add colour and texture to the table, and create a striking centrepiece by displaying tropical fruits.
5. Show off your passion and play around with plants. ‘I love bringing the outside in and I do that with plants,’ says Miriam. ‘I live in my own small jungle; it’s how I connect with nature.’
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Ashlyn Gibson
Photographer: Benjamin Edwards