Festival season is super fun, and we all look forward to those warm days spent with our friends. But they do come with their own set of minor challenges (cleanliness, major crowds, inclement weather). But by coming prepared with a few easy hacks, you’ll be ready for anything.
1. RAIN AND OUTDOOR FESTIVALS GO HAND-IN-HAND. It’s part of the charm, so just make sure to bring along a stay-dry kit. What’s in ours? A trusty poncho, a seat pad (sit without getting soaked!), a light-weight change of clothes, and plastic bags to wear inside your shoes. Your shoes may get wet, but your feet don’t have to.
2. IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME. Someone needs to use the restroom or grab a bite to eat, they leave their group behind in the crowd, and two hours later they’re still wandering aimlessly trying find their way back to the crew. Our digital designer, Annie, has a fool-proof method to stay connected: a personalised flag. Smart, huh?
3. WHEN IT COMES TO HYGIENE AND LOOKING YOUR BEST, the odds are stacked against you at festivals. Between rain showers, heat, spilled drinks, and more, we could all use a few items to help freshen up. Think hand sanitizer, toothpaste, sunscreen, and a mini First Aid kit.
4. KEEP YOUR VALUABLES CLOSE and out of the rain. Here’s how you can make this pouch from one of our classic blue bags.
5. SKIP THE MASSIVE SNACK LINE and come ready with your own stash of goodies. Freeze your water bottles to keep the food fresh (it will melt by the time you’re ready to drink it), and store it all in the laptop divider of your backpack.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Emma Parkinson
Photographer: Joakim Kröger
Writer: Vanessa Algotsson