Often we only celebrate the “obvious”: the weekend, an anniversary or a birthday. Celebrate some of life’s simple pleasures together with your crew. Get inspired by our 5 tips!
1. Wonderful water day. There are millions of reasons to celebrate water. Water is life. Just prepare some fruity ice lollies and cute shaped cubes for that lemonade. Grab your loved ones and go for an icy picnic in your nearest park or garden.
2. Sow the seeds of love-day. Why not celebrate the power of planting? After all without seeds there would be no life. Gather green-fingered friends and wannabe gardeners for a refreshing lemonade and some nibbles on the balcony or patio. Then get your fingers dirty, literally.
3. Digital detox day. You don’t need to go on a fancy retreat to enjoy the perks of present moment awareness. Make your home a tech-free zone. Put a box on a chair at the entrance for your guests to leave their gadgets. Then enjoy each other’s company distraction free.
4. Tapas Tuesday. Invite your friends over for a potluck dinner and ta-da, you have a new mid-week tradition. Keep things flexible with an extendable table in case extra guests turn up. Tie glasses to fabric strips for guests to grab — deco and self service in one!
Want some yummy tapas recipes? Check out these 5 easy dishes!
5. Pop till you drop day. We LOVE popcorn. What’s not to like? It’s cheap and easy to make, and healthier than crisps. Invite your crew over and get some tunes going. Then add some food colouring to the mix, and party-pop the night away!
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Elin Stierna
Photographer: Andrea Papini
Writer: Anna Blom