5 DIY invites your guests will adore
Throwing a party should be fun, not stress-inducing. From start to finish, keep it simple, yet fun. And it begins with the invitations. Here are 5 creative, affordable, DIY invitations for an array of different gatherings.
1. GIVE YOUR GUESTS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO. Include a glass tube and a paper straw in your invitation, and make sure they know there will be something tasty to fill it up with at your party! For extra protection you can place each invitation in an envelope made with corrugated paper or bubble wrap.
2. GET CRAFTY WITH PAPER and create an animal-themed invitation for a children’s birthday party. Use some decorative tape to fasten two pieces of paper (one for the face and one for the party info). It’s simple to make and can be as detailed as you like.
3. THROWING A FêTE FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL (YOUR PUP)? Customise a paper box with cut-outs and the party details written on the inside of the lid. Fill it up with treats and send it along to a few furry friends to entice them to join the party.
4. CREATE WHIMSICAL POP-UP INVITATIONS for a baby shower by simply cutting sweet shapes like clouds from sturdy paper. Then cut a small slit in the bottom part of the card and insert the pointy piece, fastening it to the back with tape. Use stamps to personalize your message and voila!
5. CELEBRATE SIMPLY with pretty DIY wedding invites. By hand, stitch two pieces of thick paper together with thread, and use stamps to create a personalised message.
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Sofie Lawett
Photographer: Micke Persson
Writer: Vanessa Algotsson