Invite the summer inside! You don’t need green fingers or a big budget. Get inspired by our five easy tips on how to enhance your decor with some summertime greenery.
1. Transform a window. Create a striking mix of climbing plants and cut flowers that are in season. Make the most of the window height and combine hanging and standing vases for an eye-catching display.
2. Frame your favourites. Prolong the summer by pressing fresh flowers or petals between two glass frames, and ta-da, you have a lasting memory. For a colourful still life, fill a display box with fresh flower buds and enjoy watching the colours change as they dry.
3. Pimp a vintage lamp. Look for an old ceiling lamp at garage sales and update it using a mixture of artificial flowers and plants. Remove the shade and wind round your favourites in a lush and decorative blend.
4. Make a monochrome display. Don’t be afraid to let plants take centre stage. Gather different pots together and create a dynamic arrangement. Choosing plants in matching shades highlights the pots’ different shapes.
5. Love simplicity. Combine a couple of vases with single, fresh-cut flowers to instantly uplift a table setting or sideboard. Get inspired with more ideas about how to decorate with vases!
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Anna Cardell
Photographer: Martin Inger
Writer: Anna Blom