Start by discussing questions like these, so you and your partner have an opportunity to share opinions, hopes and priorities. Is it hard to explain your answer? Find photos to help visualise what’s in your head!
● What are your personal interests or hobbies? Common interests?
● What did you like/dislike about weddings you have attended? (If you haven’t attended any weddings, think about parties instead.)
● How comfortable are you with being the center of attention?
● What are dream places where you’d want to have the wedding?
● What is your favourite time of year?
● How many people do you want to attend? Are children welcome?
● How long do you want the ceremony and reception to last?
● How do you feel about dining? (Think table shape, assigned seating and type of service.)
● Are certain traditions important to you, your family and friends?
● Do you want a wedding party or for certain guests to have a more ‘formal’ role in the wedding?
● What kind of feeling do you want? Casual? Fancy? A mix?
● Do you want speeches, games, music or other entertainment?
● Do you want guests to share their photos on social media?
● How do you want to remember the day? (Think photos, a guest book, presents, a piece of art made by guests, etc.)
● Do you want wedding favors for guests to take home?