Sure, small spaces are cosy, but they still need to match the practicality of any other size room. Especially the bathroom. Between all the toilettries, makeup, towels, toilet paper, and more, it needs clever storage solutions that cut the clutter and maximize space. Check out these easy tips to help get you there.
1. DOUBLE DOWN ON SHOWER RODS if you’ve got more things to hang than places to hang them. An extra rod with S-hooks gives you lots of new space to hang towels and just-came-from-the-gym gear.
2. USE YOUR DOOR (and the space above it). It’s narrow and rarely put to use, but a perfect place for a few shelves to keep towels and other extras. Add a door hanger to create a place to hang robes and more.
3. WALL SPACE IS PRECIOUS. Especially in an extra tiny bathroom. Shallow cabinets like these have adjustable shelving to make space for items of all sizes, like bottles of bathroom cleaner. For a little personality, add a small shelf for a plant and some decorative pieces.
4. MAKE MORNINGS A BREEZE with open organisers hung on your bathroom wall (no drilling required). It makes finding makeup and toiletries super easy, while a rod below can hang your outfit for the day.
5. DON’T LET SPACE GO TO WASTE. Keep your cleaning supplies in water resistant plastic boxes beneath the sink (as long as there are no little ones around who can get into them).
We love to see our customers get creative with our products. Go for it! But please note that altering or modifying IKEA products so they can no longer be re-sold or used for their original purpose, means the IKEA commercial guarantees and your right to return the products will be lost.
Interior designer: Therese Ericsson/ Katarina Grundströmer
Photographer: Sandra Werud
Writer: Vanessa Algotsson