Everyday life at home puts high demands on kitchen knives. IKEA 365+ knives are knives for everyday use. With a quality that stands up to the demands of daily cooking, these knives should be the first thing you choose in your kitchen drawer. We guarantee that IKEA 365+ knives will keep their function for 15 years. That means that they will still work as well as they did when they were new, provided that our care instructions are followed and they are subjected to normal domestic use (cutting food and being cleaned once a day and regular sharpening).
How long is the guarantee valid?
The guarantee for IKEA 365+ knives remains in force for fifteen (15) years from the date of purchase. The original purchase receipt is required as proof of purchase.
What is covered under this guarantee?
This guarantee covers function, materials and workmanship in all knives in the IKEA 365+ knives series. This means that, in normal domestic use and provided that our care instructions are followed, the knives will still work as well as they did when they were new, even after 15 years. In this instance, normal use is defined as using (for cutting food) and cleaning the knife by hand once a day and regular sharpening.
The guarantee covers:
• Sharpness of the knife. The knife shall be sharp when you buy it and you will be able to keep it sharp so it can function properly, every day. The knife blade is made of a steel that is hardened so that it is possible to sharpen the knife to original sharpness anytime during the guarantee period.
• Durable handle. The handle of the knife should not crack, break or come loose from the blade so that the knife is not possible to use.
• That there will not be any corrosion on the knife blade.
IKEA 365+ cook's knife 20 cm stainless steel
IKEA 365+ cook’s knife 16 cm stainless steel
IKEA 365+ utility knife 14 cm stainless steel
IKEA 365+ paring knife 9 cm stainless steel
IKEA 365+ bread knife 23 cm stainless steel
IKEA 365+ vegetable knife 16 cm stainless steel
IKEA 365+ chinese chopper 18 cm stainless steel
Products not covered under this guarantee
What will IKEA do to correct the problem?
IKEA will examine the product and decide, at its sole discretion, if it is covered under this guarantee. If considered covered, IKEA will then, at its sole discretion, replace it with the same or a comparable product.
If the item is no longer sold by IKEA, IKEA will provide an appropriate replacement. It is IKEA that determines, at its sole discretion, what constitutes an appropriate replacement.
What is not covered under this guarantee?
This guarantee does not cover changes in the appearance of the knife unless they have a significant effect on function.
This guarantee does not apply to products that have been stored incorrectly, used inappropriately, abused, misused, altered, or cleaned with wrong cleaning methods or cleaning products.
This guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, cuts or scratches, or damage caused by impacts or accidents.
This guarantee does not apply if the product has been placed outdoors or in a humid environment.
This guarantee does not cover consequential or incidental damages.
For customers in the US only: some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damage, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
• Always wash the knife by hand.
• Clean and dry the knife directly after use. Doing so will help you avoid unsightly marks on the blade and also prevents any risk of bacteria spreading from, for example, raw chicken to fresh vegetables.
Sharpening and whetting
• A sharp knife is safer to use than a blunt one. Although the knife is made of molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel, which means the cutting edge is hard and durable, you should still sharpen the knife at regular intervals. Once a week is usually advisable for ordinary household use.
• The sharpener must be made of a harder material than the steel in the blades. For this reason you need to use a knife sharpenermade of ceramic, a diamond coated sharpening steel or awhetstone. Never use a sharpener of stainless steel.
• If a knife has become very blunt as a result of long use without regular sharpening or carelessness, you may need to have the blade professionally sharpened to restore its edge.
Storing and using your knife
• Avoid cutting through frozen or very hard foods (for example, bones), because this can cause the edge to bend or shards to loosen in the blade. If you cut into hard foods: Pull the knife back and forth through the food. Do not rock the knife from side to side.
• Always use a chopping board made of wood or plastic. Never cut on a surface of glass, porcelain or metal.
• Store your knife in a knife block or on a magnetic strip on the wall. Storing the knife in the right way protects the edge and prolongs the life of the knife.
How country, provincial and state law applies
This guarantee gives you specific legal rights, and is in addition to your statutory legal rights.
How to reach us if you need assistance
Contact your local IKEA store. You will find the address and phone number in the IKEA catalogue or at www.IKEA.cn